Pumpkin Pie
2 cups pumpkin
½ tsp salt
2 cups rich milk or cream
½ tsp ginger
1 cup sugar
2 tsp cinnamon (some like less-)
2 eggs, beaten
½ tsp allspice
Prepare a crust and place into pie plate. Mix pumpkin with milk, sugar, beaten eggs, salt and spices. Beat two minutes, or blend until smooth. Pour into pie plate with pastry. Place in 475oF oven for 15 minutes, then reduce the heat and bake 45 minutes at 400oF. Pie is done when knife inserted near center comes out clean.
Notes: I have made both pumpkin pie recipes – the spices are slightly different. Prepare pumpkin as in "Roasted Pumpkin" recipe The first older recipe calls for strained pumpkin which I think would work although I find it easy to mix the ingredients for squash or pumpkin pie in a blender (this makes it very smooth and not stringy).
Submitted by Cheryl Rowell; from Any one can Bake, (1927 Royal Baking Powder)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment